Sökning: "nuclear weapons"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 30 avhandlingar innehållade orden nuclear weapons.
1. Controlling Weapons of Mass Destruction : An Evaluation of International Security Regime SignificanceDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This dissertation conducts an in-depth examination of the three weapons of mass destruction control regimes: the nuclear non-proliferation regime, the biological weapons control regime, and the chemical weapons control regime (NBC weapon control regimes). By examining a number of key indicators, this study investigates the specific ways each regime makes or does not make a difference in its respective issue area. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Risø National Laboratory
Sammanfattning : This thesis concerns a nuclear accident that occurred in the Thule (Pituffik) area, NW Greenland in 1968, called the Thule accident. Results are based on different analytical techniques, i.e. gamma spectrometry, alpha spectrometry, ICP-MS, SEM with EDX and different sediment models, i. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Nuclear Physics (Faculty of Science)
Sammanfattning : In this thesis a variety of sampling methods have been utilised to assess the amount of deposited activity, mainly of Cs-137, from the Chernobyl accident and from the nuclear weapons tests. Starting with the Chernobyl accident in 1986 sampling of air and rain was used to determine the composition and amount of radioactive debris from this accident, brought to southern Sweden by the weather systems. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : The fast breeder is a type of nuclear reactor that aroused much attention in the 1950s and 60s. Its ability to produce more nuclear fuel than it consumes offered promises of cheap and reliable energy, and thereby connected it to utopian ideas about an eternal supply of energy. LÄS MER
5. Studies of Long-lived Radionuclides in the Environment - with Emphasis on 99Tc, 237Np and Pu IsotopesDetta är en avhandling från Patric Lindahl, Department of Radiation Physics, University Hospital, 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Sammanfattning : Studies of the long-lived anthropogenic radionuclides 99Tc, 237Np, 239Pu and 240Pu were performed in marine and terrestrial areas contaminated by different accidental and controlled releases of radioactive materials. The three main sources discussed in this thesis are nuclear weapons tests, nuclear reprocessing plants and the Chernobyl accident. LÄS MER