Sökning: "nuclear energy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 433 avhandlingar innehållade orden nuclear energy.
1. Between the Paths of Modernity : The European Commission’s Shaping of European Nuclear Energy Policy between 1999 and 2012Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : A powerful symbol of modernity, in its early days, nuclear energy was associated with images of progress and dreams of a better life. At the start of the European process of integration, it was hoped that peaceful cooperation in nuclear matters would bring about lasting peace in the European continent. LÄS MER
2. Energy consumption transition : final household energy consumption in the case of Sweden 1920-2010Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : This licentiate thesis examines households’ final energy consumption over the long run by measuring their final energy use and examining how structural, institutional and economic factors affected the demand for energy in the residential sector during the period 1920-2010, a period covering the transition from traditional to fossil to renewable energy carriers. I believe that wider understanding of the historical energy transition and energy consumption within the residential sector might help us gain important insights into the long-run development and the factors affecting energy consumption among the households. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Luleå : Luleå tekniska universitet
Sammanfattning : The use of electricity from Distributed Energy Resources like wind and solar powerwill impact the performance of the electricity network and this sets a limit to theamount of such renewables that can be connected. Investment in energy storage andcommunication technologies enables more renewables by operating the networkcloser to its limits. LÄS MER
4. Från el till värme en diskursanalytisk policystudie av energiomställning på statlig, kommunal och hushållsnivåDetta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitet
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to analyse how space heating for single-family houses, and en-ergy system conversion has been constructed and discussed at national, municipal and household levels. Political documents have been studied, and interviews have been car-ried out with politicians, civil servants and householders in the municipality of Falun. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitet
Sammanfattning : Although nuclear power can provide electricity with very low life cycle carbon emissions and thus reduce the cost of climate change mitigation, it also brings along many specific challenges: accident risk, need for radioactive waste management and nuclear weapons proliferation risk. Due to this controversial nature nuclear power, among other energy forms, has been relatively little studied in a climate mitigation context. LÄS MER