Sökning: "fast reactor"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 68 avhandlingar innehållade orden fast reactor.
1. Modelling the system Cr-Fe-Ni-Te via the CALPHAD method, DFT and experiments for fast nuclear reactor applicationsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm, Sweden : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : In the pursuit of safer, more environmentally friendly and sustainable forms of energy production for our ever growing demands, a type of nuclear reactor cooled by liquid metal instead of water is under development. Specific to this type of reactor are special forms of corrosion of the material that encapsulates the fuel pins in the reactor core, called Fuel-Clad Chemical Interaction (FCCI) or Fission Product-induced Liquid Metal Embrittlement (FPLME). LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : The fast breeder is a type of nuclear reactor that aroused much attention in the 1950s and 60s. Its ability to produce more nuclear fuel than it consumes offered promises of cheap and reliable energy, and thereby connected it to utopian ideas about an eternal supply of energy. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Insitute of Technology
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, the feasibility to use a medium sized sodium cooled fast reactor fully loaded with MOX fuel for efficient transmutation of americium is investigated by simulating the safety performance of a BN600-type fast reactor loaded with different fractions of americium in the fuel, using the safety parameters obtained with the SERPENT Monte Carlo code.The focus is on americium mainly due to its long-term contribution to the radiotoxicity of spent nuclear fuel and its deterioration on core's safety parameters. LÄS MER
4. Neutronics and Transient Analysis of a Small Fast Reactor Cooled with Natural Circulation of Lead ELECTRA: European Lead Cooled Training ReactorDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, neutronics and some relevant transient analyses of the European Lead-Cooled Training Reactor (ELECTRA) are analyzed. ELECTRA is a low-power lead-cooled fast reactor intended for training purpose. The design concept aims for the total nominal power of 0. LÄS MER
5. Development of a Methodology for Detecting Coolant Void in Lead-cooled Fast Reactors by Means of Neutron MeasurementsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : In a lead-cooled fast reactor (LFR), small bubbles (in the order of one mm or less) may enter the coolant from a leaking steam generator. If such a leakage is undetected the small bubbles may eventually coalesce into a larger bubble in local stagnation zones under the active core. LÄS MER