Sökning: "Social problems and welfare"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 221 avhandlingar innehållade orden Social problems and welfare.
1. Sport as a Means of Responding to Social Problems : Rationales of Government, Welfare and Social Change
Sammanfattning : Sport has been increasingly recognized in social policy as a means of steering social change and as a method for responding to diverse social problems. The present study examines how rationales of social change are formed through ‘sport as a means of responding to social problems’. LÄS MER
2. "Women", welfare, textual politics and critique : different categories of "women", the making of welfare states and emancipation in a Nordic welfare state context
Sammanfattning : The overall purpose of this thesis is to analyse and interpret the relationship between the social construction of different categories of 'women' and the making of welfare states in specific moments of textual politics in a Nordic welfare state context. Furthermore, the aim is to develop a methodology for critical self-reflection in the process Of producing academic knowledge. LÄS MER
3. Flickor och pojkar i den sociala barnavården : Föreställningar om kön och sociala problem under 1900-talet
Sammanfattning : The topic of this study is girls and boys in the field of child welfare. The aim has been to trace and describe conceptions of gender, delinquency and social problems in child welfare from the end of the nineteenth century until the middle of the twentieth century. LÄS MER
4. I det sociala medborgarskapets skugga : Rätten till socialbidrag under 1980- och 1990-talen
Sammanfattning : Universalism, social rights and social citizenship are often considered as key concepts to describe the Swedish welfare state. However, in the beginning of the 1990s, the Swedish welfare state experienced a severe economic recession. LÄS MER
5. Child (Bio)Welfare and Beyond : Intersecting Injustices in Childhoods and Swedish Child Welfare
Sammanfattning : The current thesis discusses how tools for analysing power are developed predominately for adults, and thus remain underdeveloped in terms of understanding injustices related to age, ethnicity/race and gender in childhoods. The overall ambition of this dissertation is to inscribe a discourse of intersecting social injustices as relevant for childhoods and child welfare, and by interlinking postcolonial, feminist, and critical childhood studies. LÄS MER