Sökning: "existential philosophy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 92 avhandlingar innehållade orden existential philosophy.
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates the structure of knowing, and it argues that existential trust is an epistemological category.The aim of the dissertation is to develop a view according to which all human activity is seen as an activity of a lived body, and in which the understanding of the structure of such activity is regarded as central for the solution even of epistemological problems. LÄS MER
2. Human enhancement and technological uncertainty Essays on the promise and peril of emerging technologyDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : Essay I explores brain machine interface (BMI) technologies. These make direct communication between the brain and a machine possible by means of electrical stimuli. This essay reviews the existing and emerging technologies in this field and offers an inquiry into the ethical problems that are likely to emerge. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Bokförlaget Thales
Sammanfattning : In his attempt to explore philosophically human existence, Kierkegaard frequently refers to the term "the single individual" (den Enkelte), and he explicitly states that this notion plays a prominent part in his authorship. Even if he ascribes such a significant role to the single individual he never gives a comprehensive account of how to understand this notion. LÄS MER
4. En känsla för det heliga En undersökning av den samtida emotionsforskningens möjliga bidrag till religionsfilosofinDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : In this thesis I examine the possibility of critically using material from contemporary emotion theory to develop a fruitful model for understanding the potential epistemic relevance of emotions in religious contexts. The relevance of this thesis is mainly twofold: since religion is an emotional phenomenon, the possible normative epistemic role of emotions needs to be examined. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Almqvist & Wiksell International / Acta Universitatis Stockholmiensis
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this work is to detect a pattern: the concordance of Ethics and Aesthetics, Poetics and Politics in the most influential American thinker of the nineteenth century. It is an attempt to trace a basic concept of the Emersonian transcendentalist doctrine, its development, its philosophical meaning and practical implications. LÄS MER