Sökning: "postcolonial theory"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 72 avhandlingar innehållade orden postcolonial theory.
1. The School and the Animal Other : An Ethnography of Human-Animal Relations in Education
Sammanfattning : How human-animal relations are expressed and negotiated has significance for the situation of animals in society and offers insights that contribute to our understanding of how we organize relations between humans as well. This critical ethnographic investigation is positioned at the intersection of education research and the interdisciplinary area of human-animal studies. LÄS MER
2. Kameran i krig : den fotografiska iscensättningen av Vietnamkriget i svensk press
Sammanfattning : The doctoral thesis deals with the problems of (news) photographic representation in general, and is based on an empirical study ofVietnam War photography in four major Swedish daily newspapers. A more specific aim of the thesis is to investigate and ideologically evaluate the representational strategies of the press photographs. LÄS MER
3. The Soapstone Birds of Great Zimbabwe : Archaeological Heritage, Religion and Politics in Postcolonial Zimbabwe and the Return of Cultural Property
Sammanfattning : At least eight soapstone carvings of birds furnished a shrine, Great Zimbabwe, in the 19th century. This large stonewalled settlement, once a political and urban centre, had been much reduced for four centuries, although the shrine continued to operate as local traditions dictated. LÄS MER
4. Subaltern Securitization : The Use of Protest and Violence in Postcolonial Nigeria
Sammanfattning : Securitization theory (ST) makes an insightful and significant contribution to security studies. Through the use of discursive speech act, ST provides an innovative strategy for understanding the application of security’s distinctive character and dynamics to any issue in order to make it a security issue. LÄS MER
5. Constructing the 'social' in social entrepreneurship : A postcolonial perspective
Sammanfattning : Social entrepreneurship is often depicted as the solution to the various problems we have in society today. In the mainstream literature, it tends to be presented as a site of empowerment, inclusion, morality and compassion. LÄS MER