Sökning: "Karin Engström"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 18 avhandlingar innehållade orden Karin Engström.
1. Genus & genrer : forskningsanknutna genusdiskurser i dagspress
Sammanfattning : At the centre of this study lies the question of how research-related media texts contribute to the social construction of sex and gender conceptions when they use research, either as a main source, or to support or comment on specific issues and statements, from the political arena, for example. The principal aim of the study has been to analyze and problematize the ways in which different types of newspapers, genres and editorial sections reproduce, or contribute to change, in existing gender discourses. LÄS MER
2. Gene-environment interactions for arsenic metabolism and metal-related oxidatively generated DNA damage
Sammanfattning : Over 100 million people around the world are exposed to high concentrations of arsenic (As) in drinking water, associated with a number of adverse health effects such as skin, lung and bladder cancer, vascular diseases and diabetes. In humans, As is metabolized via alternating reduction and methylation reactions, from inorganic As (iAs) into monomethylated (MMA) and dimethylated As (DMA). LÄS MER
3. Protein engineering of enzymes for improved enantioselectivity and application of engineered enzymes in organic synthesis
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
4. Social differences in injury risk in childhood and youth : exploring the roles of structural and triggering factors
Sammanfattning : Injuries are a leading cause of mortality and morbidity among children and adolescents. Injury risks are not randomly distributed across social groups. The primary aim of this thesis is to increase knowledge about the determinants of the social distribution of injuries among children and adolescents. LÄS MER
5. Delaktighet under tvång : om ungdomars erfarenheter i barn- och ungdomspsykiatrisk slutenvård
Sammanfattning : Participation under coercion. On young people’s experiences in child and adolescent psychiatric inpatient care. LÄS MER