Sökning: "Avdelningen för arbets- och miljömedicin"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 73 avhandlingar innehållade orden Avdelningen för arbets- och miljömedicin.
1. Social determinants in asthma : population-based studies on asthma and respiratory symptoms in relation to occupation, occupational exposure and socioeconomic status
Sammanfattning : Background: Asthma is one of the most common chronic obstructive airway diseases among children and adults, with a prevalence between 6-11% in European countries. It is also the most common work-related occupational respiratory disease. LÄS MER
2. Cold exposure and health : A study on neurological and vascular hand symptoms in northern Sweden
Sammanfattning : Background: Living in a cold climate is associated with several adverse health effects. The main purpose of this thesis was to describe cold exposure characteristics in northern Sweden, and investigate the associations between such exposure and the reporting of neurological and vascular hand symptoms. LÄS MER
3. Placental molecular mechanisms as pathways linking prenatal exposure to ambient air pollution to preeclampsia and fetal growth
Sammanfattning : Background: Preeclampsia (PE) is a “multifactorial syndrome” in which ambient air pollution may contribute to the etiology of PE. However, the underlying mechanism of this association is not clearly elucidated. LÄS MER
4. EXPOSURE TO PERSISTENT ORGANOCHLORINE POLLUTANTS AND MALE SEMEN FUNCTION
Sammanfattning : Persistent organochlorine pollutants (POPs), such as polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB) and the insecticide dichloro-diphenyl-dichloro-ethylene (DDT) have been released into the environment mainly since the second World War. POPs accumulate especially in highly ranked predators of the aquatic food chain. LÄS MER
5. Subjective annoyance attributed to electrical equipments and smells - Epidemiology and stress physiology
Sammanfattning : Self-reported annoyance from electrical equipment has been in evidence since the mid-eighties, and the first reports of illness from everyday chemicals arose already in the 1960?s. However, the extent of the problem or the mechanisms behind the development of environmentally related annoyance has not yet been fully established. LÄS MER