Sökning: "oxidative stress"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 485 avhandlingar innehållade orden oxidative stress.
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå university
Sammanfattning : Although not obvious at first sight, several parallels can be drawn between pregnancy andcancer. Many proliferative, invasive and immune tolerance mechanisms that supportnormal pregnancy are also exploited by malignancies to establish a nutrient supply andevade or edit the immune response of the host. LÄS MER
2. Prostaglandins and Isoprostanes in Relation to Risk Factors for Atherosclerosis Role of Inflammation and Oxidative StressDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Inflammation and oxidative stress may be involved in atherogenesis. This thesis describes clinical studies of prostaglandin F2α (PGF2α), an inflammatory mediator, and the isoprostane 8-iso-PGF2α, a reliable indicator of oxidative stress, and cytokine-related inflammatory mediators and indicators in healthy subjects and in a population-based cohort of Swedish men. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : Francisella tularensis is capable of infecting numerous cell types, including professional phagocytes. Upon phagocytosis, F. tularensis resides within the phagosome before escaping into the cytosol to replicate. Phagocytes constitute a hostile environment rich in ROS, which are employed as a means of killing pathogens. LÄS MER
4. The conserved methionines in the chloroplast small heat shock protein - Role in chaperone-substrate interactions and effects of methionine sulfoxidation on chaperone activityDetta är en avhandling från Department of Biochemistry, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The chloroplast-localized small heat shock protein (sHsp) Hsp21 belongs to the family of alpha-crystallin like sHsps which form large oligomeric structures and protect partly unfolded aggregation-prone proteins against aggregation. The main focus for this thesis has been on the highly conserved methionines in Hsp21. LÄS MER
5. Molecular mechanism(s) underlying neurodegeneration in SCA7 disease Role of NOX enzymes and oxidative stressDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Neurochemistry, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Spinocerebellar ataxia type 7 (SCA7) is an autosomal dominant neurodegenerative disorder caused by a CAG trinucleotide expansion in the SCA7 gene resulting in progressive ataxia and retinal dystrophy. SCA7 belongs to a group of neurodegenerative disorders called polyglutamine (polyQ) diseases, that share the common feature of glutamine tract expansions within otherwise unrelated proteins. LÄS MER