Sökning: "C-reactive protein"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 158 avhandlingar innehållade orden C-reactive protein.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medicine
Sammanfattning : An elevated preprocedural plasma or serum C-reactive protein (CRP) level in patients undergoing percutanous coronary intervention (PCI) is associated with short-, intermediate- and long-term outcome. Furthermore, the procedure itself has been shown to provoke an inflammatory reaction as shown by increased plasma CRP levels after PCI. LÄS MER
2. C-reactive protein (CRP) and anti-CRP autoantibodies in systemic lupus erythematosus a study on the occurrence and clinical implications of anti-CRP antibodies and CRP-mediated complement activationDetta är en avhandling från Institutionen för molekylär och klinisk medicin
Sammanfattning : Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is an autoimmune disease characterized by production of a wide range of autoantibodies, multiple organ involvement and by local formation or tissue deposition of immune complexes (ICs) in the inflamed organs. In contrast to most systemic inflammatory conditions, and despite raised levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines, SLE flares are rarely reflected by elevated C-reactive protein (CRP), an important acute-phase reactant in man with homologs in vertebrates and several invertebrates. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Clinical Chemistry, Malmö
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, the biochemical mechanisms for complement activation by endogenous proteins are explored. The short leucine-rich repeat proteins (SLRPs) help organise extracellular matrices. We found that several SLRPs bind C1q and of these, fibromodulin and osteoadherin trigger complement. LÄS MER
4. Canine C-reactive protein : validation of two automated canine-specific C-reactive protein assays and studies on clinical and research applicationsDetta är en avhandling från ; Department of Clinical Sciences, Swedish Universityof Agricultural Sciences
Sammanfattning : C-reactive protein (CRP) is a sensitive and specific marker of systemic inflammation in dogs, valuable for diagnosing and monitoring inflammatory diseases. The use of CRP in canine medicine has however been hampered by the lack of automated assays optimized for measuring CRP in this species. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Serum amyloid A protein (SAA) is an acute phase protein that has recently gained increasing interest as a potential marker for disease and treatment monitoring. We investigated SAA and CRP levels in (a) patients with various common infectious diseases (n=98), (b) patients with pyelonephritis (n=37) versus patients with cystitis (n=32), (c) healthy individuals of varying ages (n=231), (d) very immature newborn infants with or without nosocomial infections (NIs) (n=72) and (e) patients with bacterial infections treated with cefuroxime (n=81). LÄS MER