Sökning: "Molecular Biology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 3109 avhandlingar innehållade orden Molecular Biology.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala, Sweden : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The neuropeptide Y (NPY) system consists of 3-4 peptides and 4-7 receptors in vertebrates. It has powerful effects on appetite regulation and is involved in many other biological processes including blood pressure regulation, bone formation and anxiety. LÄS MER
2. Prediction of zinc-binding sites in proteins and efficient protein structure description and comparisonDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala, Sweden : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : A large number of proteins require certain metals to stabilize their structures or to function properly. About one third of all proteins in the Protein Data Bank (PDB) contain metals and it is estimated that approximately the same proportion of all proteins are metalloproteins. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Växjö, Kalmar : Linnaeus Univeristy Press
Sammanfattning : A balanced tear film is essential for a healthy ocular surface. Insufficient tear production may result in dry eye, a common disorder in the elderly population. Dry eye causes significant discomfort in the patients and may lead to visual impairment and ocular infections. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : This thesis is about the use of massive DNA sequencing to investigate the transcriptome. During recent decades, several studies have made it clear that the transcriptome comprises a more complex set of biochemical machinery than was previously believed. LÄS MER
5. Development of Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics Tools From Hydrogen Evolution to Cell Division in CyanobacteriaDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The use of fossil fuels presents a particularly interesting challenge - our society strongly depends on coal and oil, but we are aware that their use is damaging the environment. Currently, this awareness is gaining momentum, and pressure to evolve towards an energetically cleaner planet is very strong. LÄS MER