Sökning: "literature nature"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 527 avhandlingar innehållade orden literature nature.
- Detta är en avhandling från Albany, NY : University at Albany, State University of New York
Sammanfattning : Doctoral dissertation supervised by Professor Ronald A. Bosco (co-supervised by Professor Judith Johnson and Professor Judith Fetterley), Department of English, University at Albany, State University of New York. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Jane Mattisson. English Department, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Abstract This thesis identifies two different kinds of knowledge in Thomas Hardy's novels: the everyday, passed on from generation to generation, which is non-academic and closely bound to the local environment and its traditions; and the specialised, recorded in the printed word, which is the product of formal education and independent of the local community and its traditions. These two kinds of epistemological competence determine one's ability to adapt and survive in a changing society. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Almqvist & Wiksell International / Acta Universitatis Stockholmiensis
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this work is to detect a pattern: the concordance of Ethics and Aesthetics, Poetics and Politics in the most influential American thinker of the nineteenth century. It is an attempt to trace a basic concept of the Emersonian transcendentalist doctrine, its development, its philosophical meaning and practical implications. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Hedemora : Gidlund
Sammanfattning : This dissertation deals with Swedish women writers during the so called Age of Liberty (1720–1772). A total of 141 female authors of printed texts are presented, the majority unmentioned in earlier research. LÄS MER
5. Sports of culture : Writing the resistant subject in South Africa (readings of Ndebele, Gordimer, Coetzee)Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This thesis interrogates the post-colonial and ethical implications of three works of fiction published in South Africa between 1983 and 1987, namely Fools and Other Stories by Njabulo S. Ndebele, A Sport of Nature by Nadine Gordimer and Life & Times of Michael K by J. M. Coetzee. LÄS MER