Sökning: "urban neighbourhood"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 43 avhandlingar innehållade orden urban neighbourhood.
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund : Arkiv förlag
Sammanfattning : The sociology of the city has two faces: one of threat and one of promises. Originally, the city was portrayed as a threat to social life and individual identity, while, in contrast, the neighbourhood was seen to include the promise of restoring basic social relations to the web of city life. LÄS MER
2. New urban horizons in Africa A critical analysis of changing land uses in the Greater Accra Region, GhanaDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Human Geography, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : African cities increasingly aspire global recognition and this has prompted a rapid transformation of the built environment in many urban locales. This thesis provides empirical and conceptual insights into this recent trend through a critical analysis of contemporary land use changes in the Greater Accra Region, Ghana. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
4. Neighbourhood Politics in Transition Residents’ Associations and Local Government in Post-Apartheid Cape TownDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This study focuses on the changing practices of South African residents’ associations and their relationship with political parties and local government from 1990 to 2006, with the aim to examine how associations in Cape Town respond when they are confronted with a new democratic institutional and political context.Two empirical questions guide the analysis: How do residents’ associations perceive that the changing political context has affected them in their attempts to influence agenda-setting and decision-making? And how can we understand the process in which they decide to act, or not act, in response to important changes in their political environment?Drawing on social movement theory, most importantly the notions of political opportunity structures and framing processes, an analysis is made of the most significant changes in Cape Town’s post-apartheid institutional and political context. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : Multitemporal SAR images have been increasingly used for the detection of different types of environmental changes. The detection of urban changes using SAR images is complicated due to the complex mixture of the urban environment and the special characteristics of SAR images, for example, the existence of speckle. LÄS MER