Sökning: "geografi med kulturgeografisk inriktning"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 11 avhandlingar innehållade orden geografi med kulturgeografisk inriktning.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Human Geography, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Place branding is commonly conceptualized with a focus on big cities, such as London, New York and Singapore, building from concepts and models from mainstream branding theory. In contrast to such conceptualizations, this thesis focuses on place branding in small and medium-sized cities. LÄS MER
2. Ecosystem Services and Disservices in an Agriculture–Forest Mosaic A Study of Forest and Tree Management and Landscape Transformation in Southwestern EthiopiaDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Human Geography, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The intertwined challenges of food insecurity, deforestation, and biodiversity loss remain perennial challenges in Ethiopia, despite increasing policy interventions. This thesis investigates smallholding farmers’ tree- and forest-based livelihoods and management practices, in the context of national development and conservation policies, and examines how these local management practices and policies transform the agriculture–forest mosaic landscapes of southwestern Ethiopia. LÄS MER
3. Housing, poverty and the welfare state Spatial distribution of tenure types and its effects on housing deprivation, unemployment and residualisationDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Human Geography, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : An important question that has caused much academic debate is how to best organise the welfare state system to combat poverty and social exclusion. Much such research is focused on how to combat income poverty through core areas in the welfare state. LÄS MER
4. East African Hydropatriarchies An analysis of changing waterscapes in smallholder irrigation farmingDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Human Geography, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines the local waterscapes of two smallholder irrigation farming systems in the dry lands of East African in a context of socio-ecological changes. It focuses on three aspects: institutional arrangements, gender relations and landscape investments. LÄS MER
5. New urban horizons in Africa A critical analysis of changing land uses in the Greater Accra Region, GhanaDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Human Geography, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : African cities increasingly aspire global recognition and this has prompted a rapid transformation of the built environment in many urban locales. This thesis provides empirical and conceptual insights into this recent trend through a critical analysis of contemporary land use changes in the Greater Accra Region, Ghana. LÄS MER