Sökning: "urban neighbourhood"
Visar resultat 11 - 15 av 40 avhandlingar innehållade orden urban neighbourhood.
11. Bättre framtidsutsikter? Blandade bostadsområden och grannskapseffekter : En analys av visioner och effekter av blandat boendeDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Department of Social and Economic Geography
Sammanfattning : Internationally, the effect of social composition in urban neighbourhoods on individuals’ life opportunities has been given increased attention both by researchers and policymakers. Socially mixed neighbourhoods have been seen by policymakers as a measure to create better prerequisites for social upward movement and increased social integration. LÄS MER
12. What's neighbourhood got to do with it? : the influence of neighbourhood context on crime and reactions to crimeDetta är en avhandling från Faculty of Health and Society, Malmö University
Sammanfattning : The overarching aim of this thesis is to contribute to an increased understanding of how the neighbourhood context acts to influence individual reactions to crime. The general framework is that the social and physical make-up of residential neighbourhoods influences individuals, over and above individual background characteristics. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University, Department of Geography
Sammanfattning : This research contributes to countering a large city research bias by focusing on the food, farming and health experiences of two secondary cities of Uganda: Mbale and Mbarara. It is not an apocalyptic story. Like anywhere in the world, for some residents things were going well; for others, less well. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Housing Development and management
Sammanfattning : The thesis analyzes the everyday life of women and men in a neighbourhood planned for low-income housing in the ourskirts of the capital San José in Costa Rica. The research uses an everyday life perspective and shows how gender organization leads to a division of labour and a use of space that differentiate between women and men's activities. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Architecture and Built Environment, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Walking plays an essential role in sustainable transport systems, as nearly all journeys in the urban environment incorporate walking in one way or another. In parts of the world, for long periods of the year, seasonal variation in daylight hours means that pedestrians must rely on outdoor lighting to make cities accessible after dark. LÄS MER