Sökning: "new cities"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 183 avhandlingar innehållade orden new cities.
1. New urban horizons in Africa A critical analysis of changing land uses in the Greater Accra Region, GhanaDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Human Geography, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : African cities increasingly aspire global recognition and this has prompted a rapid transformation of the built environment in many urban locales. This thesis provides empirical and conceptual insights into this recent trend through a critical analysis of contemporary land use changes in the Greater Accra Region, Ghana. LÄS MER
2. Livable and Sustainable Cities Explorations of the City Soul and Energy-Efficient Housing based on Swedish Data on Citizens’ PreferencesDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : Contemporary cities face many challenges, none the least from an urban planning perspective. Global climate change and urbanization is putting pressures on planning for combatting and adapting to, e.g., a warmer climate and an increased need for housing in already dense environments. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : For half a century, urban metabolism has been used to provide insights to support transitions to sustainable urban development (SUD). Internet and Communication Technology (ICT) has recently been recognized as a potential technology enabler to advance this transition. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Luleå : Luleå tekniska universitet
Sammanfattning : All across the world the form of the built environment is playing a crucial role as enabler or inhibitor for urban outdoor activity such as soft mobility. Urban form can make it more attractive for people to be mobile outdoors and playing a role in the public life, or it can put people off venturing outside. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Human Geography, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Place branding is commonly conceptualized with a focus on big cities, such as London, New York and Singapore, building from concepts and models from mainstream branding theory. In contrast to such conceptualizations, this thesis focuses on place branding in small and medium-sized cities. LÄS MER