Sökning: "heritage languages"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 35 avhandlingar innehållade orden heritage languages.
1. Same Mother Tongue - Different Origins Implications for Language Maintenance and Shift among Hungarian Immigrants and their Children in SwedenDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Centre for Research on Bilingualism, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This study investigates intergenerational language transmission amongst Hungarian immigrants, using in-depth interviews and participant observation as the main methods. The analysis examines the experiences of parents and their school-aged children in 61 families living in Sweden´s two main cities, Stockholm and Göteborg. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of English, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Iconized migrant writers such as Michael Ondaatje, Salman Rushdie and Ben Okri use their fictional worlds to articulate the ways in which existential “nervous conditions,” caused by violent postcolonial history, drive individuals to rework the critical notions of freedom, authenticity and community. This existential thread in their works has been largely ignored or left undeveloped in literary criticism. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Department of Linguistics and Philology
Sammanfattning : This dissertation is a comparative grammar of the case syntax of Latin and the Sabellian languages. The Sabellian languages were a group of Indo-European languages on the Italian peninsula, attested in inscriptions approx. 650 – 50 BCE. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The dissertation contains a study of the conception of "liturgical communion with angels"-its prevalence and import-as expressed in the Qumran texts. The writer views these texts as constituting the remains of a "sectarian library", the literary heritage of an exclusive and excluding community, whose self-image would have been characterised by its functioning like the Temple and in the constant presence of God's angels. LÄS MER
5. "Ungerska för rötternas skull" Språkval och identitet bland andragenerationens ungrare i Sverige och FinlandDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This thesis is a comparative sociolinguistic study which describes and compares language choice among people with Hungarian background in Sweden and Finland and studies their views on the importance of the Hungarian language and Hungarian cultural heritage for identity. The future prospects of language maintenance and language shift and differences between the Swedish-Hungarians and the Finnish-Hungarians are discussed. LÄS MER