Sökning: "Language maintenance and shift"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 avhandlingar innehållade orden Language maintenance and shift.
1. Same Mother Tongue - Different Origins Implications for Language Maintenance and Shift among Hungarian Immigrants and their Children in SwedenDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Centre for Research on Bilingualism, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This study investigates intergenerational language transmission amongst Hungarian immigrants, using in-depth interviews and participant observation as the main methods. The analysis examines the experiences of parents and their school-aged children in 61 families living in Sweden´s two main cities, Stockholm and Göteborg. LÄS MER
2. Immigration, security and the public debate on US language policy : : A critical discourse analysis of language attitudes in the United States of AmericaDetta är en avhandling från Luleå University of Technology
Sammanfattning : The narrative of the United States is of a "nation of immigrants" in which the language shift patterns of earlier ethnolinguistic groups have tended towards linguistic assimilation through English. In recent years, however, changes in the demographic landscape and language maintenance by non-English speaking immigrants, particularly Hispanics, have been perceived as threats and have led to calls for an official English language policy. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : combining approaches to family language policy with a language socialization approach, the present thesis examines family interoctions in five bi/multilingual lronian families in Sweden. The foci of the thesis have emerged from viewing and analyzing video-recordings of the families' everyday interactions, interviews and observations conducted during two phases of fieldwork. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Institute of International Education, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This study explores and illustrates the process of language maintenance and shift among greek background students in Sweden, who attend home language instruction. The results show that students' attitudes learning greek were positive. The great majority of students indicated a strong in-group identification. LÄS MER
5. "Ungerska för rötternas skull" Språkval och identitet bland andragenerationens ungrare i Sverige och FinlandDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This thesis is a comparative sociolinguistic study which describes and compares language choice among people with Hungarian background in Sweden and Finland and studies their views on the importance of the Hungarian language and Hungarian cultural heritage for identity. The future prospects of language maintenance and language shift and differences between the Swedish-Hungarians and the Finnish-Hungarians are discussed. LÄS MER