Sökning: "the image of Sweden"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 383 avhandlingar innehållade orden the image of Sweden.
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Acta Unviersitatis Gothoburgensis
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to analyse how the Swedish tourism industry has marketed the world outside Sweden. What images of the people who populate tourist destinations has the tourism industry used to lure customers abroad? Answers to this question are drawn from a body data comprised of prospecti and brochures put out by Swedish tourism agencies in the period between 1930 and 1990. LÄS MER
2. The Plural Policing of Fraud Power and the investigation of insurance and welfare fraud in SwedenDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Criminology, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : There is a vast literature on plural policing and the ways in which non-governmental actors now have and are assuming more responsibility for crime control. This literature argues that the connection between policing and the state is being eroded, questioned and sometimes abandoned in favour of networks in which the state acts as one actor among many others. LÄS MER
3. Bilder av Mittens rike. Kontinuitet och förändring i svenska resenärers Kinaskildringar 1749-1912 Images of the Middle Kingdom. Continuity and Change in Swedish Travelers' Accounts of China, 1749-1912Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to describe and analyze the images of China in Swedish travelers’ published accounts – traditional travelogues as well as diaries, diplomatic reports, letters, and geographical handbooks – between 1749 and 1912. The main problem of the study is the question of continuity and change in these images, which are seen as the result of an encounter between preconceived notions and personal experience. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : The state-owned Swedish Space Corporation established a satellite remote sensing infrastructure and defined uses for the technology both within and beyond Sweden during the latter part of the twentieth century. This thesis studies Swedish satellite remote sensing as an environing technology – a technology that environs, that produces environments and our perceptions of the environment. LÄS MER
5. The Mild Boredom of Order : A Study in the History of the Manuscript Collection of Queen Christina of SwedenDetta är en avhandling från Department of Cultural Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : This study examines how the Latin manuscript collection of Queen Christina of Sweden was formed, what function it served for the queen and for others, and how various attempts to impose order on it reflect different epistemological traditions. A recurring theme of the study is the creation of order and the title, The Mild Boredom of Order, a quotation taken from an essay on book collecting by Walter Benjamin, refers to this pervasive theme. LÄS MER