Sökning: "nitric oxide synthase"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 187 avhandlingar innehållade orden nitric oxide synthase.
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Lund
Sammanfattning : Nitric oxide (NO) is important in the control of blood pressure and organ perfusion. In septic shock, NO produced by inducible NO-synthase (NOS) has been claimed to mediate pathological vasodilation and cell injury, while NO produced by constitutive NOS may be protective in counteracting hypoperfusion and organ injury. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Mirjana Poljakovic, Dept of Clinical Pharmacology, Lund University Hospital, S-221 85 Lund, Sweden
Sammanfattning : Urinary tract infection (UTI) is among the most common bacterial infections in humans and the majority are caused by Escherichia coli (E. coli). Abundant evidence indicates that nitric oxide (NO) produced by the inducible NO synthase (iNOS) plays an important role in host defense against infection. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg
Sammanfattning : The present thesis is based on the concept that gastrointestinal blood hypoperfusion is a common phenomenon associated with critical illness. Furthermore, the development of the multiple organ dysfunction syndrome (MODS) is proposed to be initiated by gastrointestinal mucosal barrier dysfunction, allowing intestinal luminal contents to penetrate into the tissue and activate a systemic inflammatory response. LÄS MER
4. Regulation of inducible nitric oxide synthase - Consequences in experimental models of bladder diseaseDetta är en avhandling från Rebecka Johansson, Department of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology, Lund University Hospital, SE-221 85 Lund, Sweden
Sammanfattning : Inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) expression is associated with various pathophysiological conditions in the lower urinary tract. The aims of this thesis have been to investigate the regulation of iNOS in bladder smooth muscle cells and the consequences on neuromuscular regulation, cell growth and differentiation. LÄS MER
5. Islet constitutive nitric oxide synthase and nitric oxide production. Modulatory effects on insulin and glucagon secretionDetta är en avhandling från Björn Åkesson, Department of Pharmacology, Sölvegatan 10, S-223 62 LUND, Sweden
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to elucidate the role of nitric oxide (NO) in the transduction signalling of insulin and glucagon release by stimulating or inhibiting islet endogenous NO-production as well as by using NO donors. Insulin release stimulated by L-arginine, the substrate for constitutive NO-synthase (cNOS)-catalyzed NO-production, was increased by the selective NOS-inhibitor NG-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester (L-NAME) and suppressed by the intracellular NO donor hydroxylamine. LÄS MER