Sökning: "intensive care"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 529 avhandlingar innehållade orden intensive care.
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Patients and next of kin in intensive care often experience powerlessness, anxiety and distress and intensive care staff are repeatedly exposed to traumatic situations and demanding events. Empowerment has been described as a process of overcoming a sense of powerlessness and a model through which people may develop a sense of inner strength through connections with others. LÄS MER
2. Tactile touch in intensive care Nurses' preparation, patients' experiences and the effect on stress parametersDetta är en avhandling från Karlstads universitet
Sammanfattning : Aim: The overall aim of this thesis was to acquire knowledge about whether tactile touch as a complementary method can (i) promote comfort and (ii) reduce stress reactions during care in an intensive care unit (ICU) Method: In Paper I, five nurses with a touch therapist training were interviewed about their experiences of preparation before giving tactile touch in an ICU. To analyse the meaning of preparation as a phenomenon, Giorgi’s descriptive phenomenological approach was used. LÄS MER
3. Patient safety in the Intensive Care Unit With special reference to Airway management and Nursing proceduresDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of the present thesis was to study aspects of patient safety in critically ill patients with special focus on airway management, respiratory complications and nursing procedures. Study I describes a method called pharyngeal oxygen administration during intubation in an experimental acute lung injury model. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Lund
Sammanfattning : When a person becomes critically ill, injured and/or undergoes major surgery and requires intensive care, a complex dilemma can arise. The condition of the illness, the specific caring situation and the environment lead to significant changes and effects in the senses and perceptional abilities. LÄS MER
5. Oral care quality in intensive care units and short-term care units Nursing staff and older people's perspectivesDetta är en avhandling från Karlstads universitet
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis was to investigate oral care and its quality through the perspectives of nursing staff in intensive care units and short-term care units and from the perspectives of older people in short-term care units. Methods: The mix-method study (I) had a concurrent embedded design and was cross-sectional. LÄS MER