Sökning: "foreign language"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 167 avhandlingar innehållade orden foreign language.
1. Doing Language Policy A Micro-Interactional Study of Policy Practices in English as a Foreign Language ClassesDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : This study investigates foreign language classroom talk and micro-level language policy-in-process from an ethnomethodological conversation analytic perspective. The study is based on 20 hours of video recordings from 20 lessons in an English as a Foreign Language classroom (EFL) in grades 8 and 9 of an international compulsory school in Sweden between the years 2007 and 2010. LÄS MER
2. "Say It Fast, Fluent and Flawless" formulaicity in the oral language production of young foreign language learnersDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University
Sammanfattning : This thesis reports on a study, which investigated the process of early foreign language learning in a classroom context and the functions of multi-word units of language known as formulaic sequences in the oral language production of young foreign language learners. A classroom with 11 students in the age range 9 to 11 years was observed and video recorded for 16 sessions (90 minutes per session). LÄS MER
3. Writing in a third language a study of upper secondary students’ texts, writing processes and metacognitionDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University
Sammanfattning : Learning an additional foreign language (usually referred to as a third language, L3) after English (L2) in formal settings seems to remain relatively unsuccessful in the European context (European Commission 2012), despite the reported advantages from extensive language learning experiences. Against this background the present thesis explores the potential benefits of a teaching approach focused on writing strategies and metacognitive reflections for L3 writing. LÄS MER
4. Language as a Leading Light to Business Cultural Insight A Study on Expatriates' Intercultural Communication in Central and Eastern EuropeDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : School of Business, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Language competence is decisively important in international business and could increase efficacy, efficiency, sales and profits. Language is an underresearched area in business studies though language constitutes management and the managers building structures, processes, cultures and personalities being the most vital working tool to get things done and make them understandable. LÄS MER
5. Unpacking dominant discourses in higher education language policy A critical study of language policy in Swedish higher educationDetta är en avhandling från Göteborgs universitet
Sammanfattning : The overall purpose of the thesis is to investigate dominant discourses operating in the changing of HE concerning questions of language policy. It has been studied at a national level, analysing reports and government bills, and at an institutional level, analysing university language policy, taking Sweden as an example. LÄS MER