Sökning: "language policy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 165 avhandlingar innehållade orden language policy.
1. Doing Language Policy : A Micro-Interactional Study of Policy Practices in English as a Foreign Language Classes
Sammanfattning : This study investigates foreign language classroom talk and micro-level language policy-in-process from an ethnomethodological conversation analytic perspective. The study is based on 20 hours of video recordings from 20 lessons in an English as a Foreign Language classroom (EFL) in grades 8 and 9 of an international compulsory school in Sweden between the years 2007 and 2010. LÄS MER
2. Språkaktivism : Diskussioner om feministiska språkförändringar i Sverige från 1960-talet till 2015
Sammanfattning : Målet med språkaktivism är att förändra samhället genom att förändra språket. Språkaktivism bedrivs ”underifrån” i syfte att utmana och på lång sikt upphäva diskriminerande samhällsstrukturer.I den här avhandlingen undersöks diskussioner om feministisk språkaktivism som förts i Sverige från 1960-talet till 2015. LÄS MER
3. Nurturing a heritage language : Language-centered practices in mother-child interactions in multilingual families
Sammanfattning : Situated within research on language socialization and family language policy, this thesis explores how young children (2–4 years old) learn their heritage language in multilingual, transnational families, and how multilingualism becomes an integral part of family life. It draws on video-ethnographic fieldwork in three bi/multilingual families in Sweden with preschool-aged children where the mothers speak Russian and the parents aspire to raise children multilingually. LÄS MER
4. Support, resistance and pragmatism : An examination of motivation in language policy in Kharkiv, Ukraine
Sammanfattning : The Ukrainian society has gone through vast changes since independence in 1991 and in this thesis some of these social changes are discussed through the prism of language policy. The main topic of the study is language policy (conceptualised as language practices, language beliefs, and language management) in the eastern Ukrainian city Kharkiv. LÄS MER
5. Immigration, security and the public debate on US language policy : A critical discourse analysis of language attitudes in the United States of America
Sammanfattning : The narrative of the United States is of a "nation of immigrants" in which the language shift patterns of earlier ethnolinguistic groups have tended towards linguistic assimilation through English. In recent years, however, changes in the demographic landscape and language maintenance by non-English speaking immigrants, particularly Hispanics, have been perceived as threats and have led to calls for an official English language policy. LÄS MER