Sökning: "older people"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 395 avhandlingar innehållade orden older people.
1. The relationship between social support, personality and depression in the general population : Focusing on older peopleDetta är en avhandling från Sundsvall : Mid Sweden University
Sammanfattning : Today's wide variety of diseases and health problems areinfluenced in part by an aging population and by environmental andlifestyle changes. Depression is one of the most quickly growingdisorders, causing a huge decrease in quality of life. Depression alsoincreases with age. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Neurotec Department Division of Gerontological Caring Science, Karolinska Institutet
Sammanfattning : The overall aim with the longitudinal studies of the thesis was to gain an understanding of caregivers´ experiences of working with older people within municipal care and of whether education and support have been meaningful for them (I-III). A further aim was to gain an understanding of which aspects are important so that work will be able to be carried out in a care environment that provides fulfilment and work satisfaction and thereby creates the prerequisites for the staff to provide the older people with better care. LÄS MER
3. Autonomy and Participation in Care For Older People Descriptions by Older People, Registered Nurses, Case Managers, First Line Managers and Local Authorities Senior Medicine AdvisorsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Overall aim: To describe the essence of autonomy and participation for older people in care, and how to promote this in care for them.Method: A descriptive design with a phenomenological approach. Sixteen older people (I) and 13 registered nurses (II) participated in individual face-to-face interviews (I and II). LÄS MER
4. Physical exercise for older people focusing on people living in residential care facilities and people with dementiaDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : The main purposes of this thesis were to evaluate a high-intensity functional weight-bearing exercise programme, regarding its applicability (attendance, achieved intensity, adverse events) as well as its effect on physical functions and activities of daily living (ADL) among older people living in residential care facilities, with a special focus on people with dementia. Furthermore, a main purpose was to systematically review the applicability and effects of physical exercise on physical functions, cognitive functions, and ADL among people with dementia. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University
Sammanfattning : Background InVietnam, the proportion of people aged 60 and above has increased rapidly in recent decades. The majority live in rural areas where socioeconomic status is more disadvantaged than in urban areas.Vietnam’s economic status is improving but disparities in income and living conditions are widening between groups and regions. LÄS MER