Sökning: "life expectancy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 125 avhandlingar innehållade orden life expectancy.
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköpings universitet
Sammanfattning : This thesis seeks to investigate the factors underlying the differences in life expectaocy in 28 low and middle-income African countries. The thesis is divided into two parts. LÄS MER
2. Life expectancy in the province of Halland, Sweden. A historic to modern, socio-epidemiological perspective with focus on cardiovascular diseasesDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg
Sammanfattning : Introduction One of the most concrete expressions of mortality in a population is the so-called life expectancy, i.e. a figure that indicates the average life span of an individual under the prevailing conditions. The life expectancy of a population is considered as a generic measure of public health. LÄS MER
3. Longer life - better life? Studies on mortality, morbidity and quality of life among elderly peopleDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg
Sammanfattning : Background: Life expectancy has been increasing, but whether or not the added years are years with good health and quality of life have been vividly debated. Knowledge of the health conditions among elderly is of increasing importance. LÄS MER
4. Qualities in the short life psychological studies relevant to patient and spouse in malignant gliomaDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : This thesis deals with psychological issues concerning patients with malignant gliomas, and their spouses. There is no known medical cure, and the patients have a limited survival expectancy. Therefore studies evaluating new treatment modes, an overall supportive atmosphere, and attempts to avoid imposing unnessesary strain are necessary. LÄS MER
5. Benefit Design, Retirement Decisions and Welfare Within and Across Generations in Defined Contribution Pension SchemesDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Economic Studies, Uppsala University
Sammanfattning : Essay 1 (with Juha Alho and Edward Palmer): All around the world, public pension schemes are moving in the direction of non-financial (NDC) and financial defined contribution (DC) schemes. Both rely on accurate projections of life expectancy in the creation of annuities. LÄS MER