Sökning: "cohort study"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1863 avhandlingar innehållade orden cohort study.
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Background: The number and proportion of older people are increasing in Sweden as well as throughout the western world. Older people with increasing assistance needs that can no longer be met in their own home need institutional long-term care in nursing homes. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå university
Sammanfattning : Background Cataract surgery is the most common surgical procedure carried out in the developed world and surgery volumes have increased considerably during the last decades. Various aspects of the surgical procedure, including surgical incision size and intraocular lens materials, have changed substantially, improving the safety and the quality of the outcome. LÄS MER
3. Pharmacoepidemiologic Studies of Diabetes Mellitus - with special reference to - Glucose Control and Prognosis of Type 2 DiabetesDetta är en avhandling från Jonny Olsson, Department of Community Medicine, Malmö University Hospital, SE-205 02 MALMÖ, Sweden
Sammanfattning : The efficacy and safety of antihyperglycaemic drugs have been evaluated in one American and one British randomized clinical trial, which have given contradictory results. The positive results of the latter may be more convincing as it included a greater number of patients and as its duration was longer. LÄS MER
4. Dietary fat as an exposure in epidemiological studies. Observations in the Malmö Diet and Cancer cohortDetta är en avhandling från Irene Mattisson, University Hospital MAS, entrance 59, SE-20502 Malmö, Sweden
Sammanfattning : The aim was to explore the inherent meaning of total fat and to examine the associations between relative fat intake and postmenopausal breast cancer. Furthermore, the impacts of the alterations in dietary assessment routines are discussed. This thesis uses data from the Malmö Diet and Cancer study, a prospective cohort study. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Irene Mattisson, University Hospital MAS, entrance 59, SE-20502 Malmö, Sweden
Sammanfattning : Introduction: Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a deadly, progressive neuromuscular disease that affects individuals all over the world. About 10% of the patients have a familial predisposition (FALS) while the remainder of cases are isolated or sporadic (SALS) and of unknown cause. LÄS MER