Sökning: "air particulate matter"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 59 avhandlingar innehållade orden air particulate matter.
1. Respiratory effects of particulate matter air pollution studies on diesel exhaust, road tunnel, subway and wood smoke exposure in human subjectsDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Background: Ambient air pollution is associated with adverse health effects, but the sources and components, which cause these effects is still incompletely understood. The aim of this thesis was to investigate the pulmonary effects of a variety of common air pollutants, including diesel exhaust, biomass smoke, and road tunnel and subway station environments. LÄS MER
2. Air Pollution Dependency on Climate Variability and Source Region : Past, Current and Future Air Pollution Scenarios over EuropeDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Applied Environmental Science (ITM), Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The main objectives of this thesis were to investigate the dependency of European air pollution on climate variability and emission source region. Calculations with a chemistry transport model (CTM) were conducted to investigate the influence of climate variability. LÄS MER
3. Methods for Determination of Benzo(a)pyrene and High Molecular Weight (>300 Da) Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in Particulate Matter from Ambient Air and Vehicle ExhaustsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Analytical Chemistry, Stockholm
Sammanfattning : Air pollution with particulate matter (PM) raises considerable concern because of its adverse effects on human health. For this reason, and because the mechanisms of PM toxicity are not fully known, there is an urgent need to determine the chemical constituents of atmospheric PM, especially PM emanating from traffic - a major source of urban PM. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Tillämpad fysik och elektronik
Sammanfattning : Biomass is considered to be a sustainable energy source with significant potentials for replacing electricity and fossil fuels, not at least in the residential sector. However, present wood combustion is a major source of ambient concentrations of hydrocarbons (e.g. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Institutionen för tillämpad miljövetenskap (ITM)
Sammanfattning : Wood combustion is mainly used in cold regions as a primary or supplemental space heating source in residential areas. In several industrialized countries, there is a renewed interest in residential wood combustion (RWC) as an alternative to fossil fuel and nuclear power consumption. LÄS MER