Sökning: "Applied Environmental Science"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 374 avhandlingar innehållade orden Applied Environmental Science.
1. Innovation Processes and Environmental Planning Science and Technology Policies in a Regional ContextDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : The understanding of environmental change and how it is influenced by innovation processes and advances in science and technology is multifaceted given the inherent uncertainty of the pace and direction of technology change, but also given the limits to anticipate future environmental effects of new technology.The doctoral thesis is organised in two parts. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : Conjoint analysis has been used extensively in marketing, transportation and healthcare for the past 50 years. Since the mid-1990s, it has also been applied to an increasing number of environmental issues. In this thesis, conjoint analysis is applied to environmental objectives of the Swedish steel industry. LÄS MER
3. Land-use competition and agricultural greenhouse gas emissions in a climate change mitigation perspectiveDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : Productive land for food production, bioenergy, or preservation of nature is a limited resource. Climate change mitigation puts additional pressure on land via higher demand for bioenergy to replace fossil fuels and via restrictions on deforestation—two processes that limit the availability of land for food produc- tion, and may thus also raise food prices. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Kalmar : Linnaeus University Press
Sammanfattning : Emissions of carbon dioxide, dioxins, nitrogen oxides and particulate matter as well as use of non-renewable resources and energy are some important sustainability challenges for the Swedish steel industry. Much effort has been made, mainly by technical solutions, which to a high degree have decreased the emissions during the last 30 years. LÄS MER
5. Bed filters for phosphorus removal in on-site wastewater treatment Removal mechanisms and sustainabilityDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)
Sammanfattning : For many surface waters, phosphorus (P) leaching is a serious problem that should be minimized to prevent eutrophication. In Sweden there is a demand for physical and technical development of high-performance P removal techniques to reduce phosphorus leaching from on-site wastewater treatment systems to the Baltic Sea. LÄS MER