Sökning: "Roger Westerholm"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 avhandlingar innehållade orden Roger Westerholm.
1. A cryogradient sampling system for chemical analysis of polycyclic aromatic compounds (PAC) : studies of the gas phase-emitted PAC from automobiles
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
2. From source to the environment : Strategies for identification and determination of hydroxylated polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in complex particulate matrices
Sammanfattning : Adverse health effects have been linked to exposure to particulate matter, and wood combustion is considered as an important source of harmful particulate matter in the urban air and environment. Hydroxylated polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons are a group of compounds with toxic, endocrine disrupting and carcinogenic properties. LÄS MER
3. Methods for Determination of Benzo(a)pyrene and High Molecular Weight (>300 Da) Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in Particulate Matter from Ambient Air and Vehicle Exhausts
Sammanfattning : Air pollution with particulate matter (PM) raises considerable concern because of its adverse effects on human health. For this reason, and because the mechanisms of PM toxicity are not fully known, there is an urgent need to determine the chemical constituents of atmospheric PM, especially PM emanating from traffic - a major source of urban PM. LÄS MER
4. Automation, hyphenation and multidimensional chromatography for PAH analysis : Analytical techniques to simplify sample complexity
Sammanfattning : One group of organic environmental pollutants which are potentially hazardous to human health is polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs). These compounds consist of two or more benzene rings in their structure among which benzo[a]pyrene (B[a]P) is classified as a human carcinogen. LÄS MER
5. Determination of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in Various Environmental Matrices : Emphasis on extraction method development
Sammanfattning : Very recently, air pollution was declared the world’s single largest environmental health risk by the World Health Organization. The goal of this thesis is to contribute to a better assessment of air pollution through the development of novel and exhaustive extraction methods for the analysis of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), which are mutagenic and carcinogenic air pollutants. LÄS MER