Sökning: "women in trade unions"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 13 avhandlingar innehållade orden women in trade unions.
- Detta är en avhandling från Arkiv
Sammanfattning : The dissertation takes its theoretical departure in the concept of citizenship, conceptualised here both as a status, carrying a wide range of rights, and as a practice, involving both obligations and political participation. The investigation focuses on women in local political parties, trade unions, women's organizations for temperance, philanthropy and the franchise, and women's networks in Örebro. LÄS MER
2. There is power in a union Trade union organization, union membership and union activity in SwedenDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Sociology, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates what factors affect union organization and, to some degree, union activity in the face of declining union density in the majority of Western countries. Union structures have been changing in recent decades, not only in terms of declining membership but also because women and white-collar workers are becoming a more stable part of the membership base, whereas previously highly organized groups, such as blue-collar workers, are in decline. LÄS MER
3. Experience and Identity : A Historical Account of Class, Caste, and Gender among the Cashew Workers of Kerala, 1930–2000Detta är en avhandling från Historiska Media
Sammanfattning : Since the 1930s female cashew workers have constituted a majority of the registered workers in the South Indian State of Kerala and today number some 200,000. This group challenged the stereotypical view of Third World women because they were organized into unions, worked in the formal sector, and were literate. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : Studies of the emerging economic roles of women have been dominated by the Anglo-American discourse. Female experiences of economic life in these countries are often interpreted as universal. This dissertation argues that institutional arrangements particular to specific societies generate different outcomes. LÄS MER
5. Die Arbeit der Frauen – die Krise der Männer Die Erwerbstätigkeit verheirateter Frauen in Deutschland und Schweden 1919–1939Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : In 1939 a law was passed in Sweden which forbade employers to dismiss female employees because of marriage or pregnancy. In Germany a law had been introduced already in 1932, which gave employers the right to dismiss a woman when she married. It also gave women right to end their employment for the same reason. LÄS MER