Sökning: "fat sources"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 21 avhandlingar innehållade orden fat sources.
- Detta är en avhandling från Medical Radiation Physics, Lund University
Sammanfattning : In obesity and several other disease scenarios, the measurement of fat accumulation in various organs and tissues has become a sought-after technique in clinical diagnostics and research. Especially, quantitative and non-invasive techniques which also provide images of accumulated fat throughout the body would be valuable. LÄS MER
2. Diet and Metabolic Risk Factors in Immigrant Women from the Middle East and Swedish-Born Women A Cross-Sectional Study of Women from Iran, Turkey and SwedenDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The increasing number of immigrants in Sweden during the past decades has brought the health of different ethnic groups into focus. Many groups of immigrants in Sweden have a higher risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and coronary heart disease (CHD) than a Swedish reference group. LÄS MER
3. Stoutwear and the Discourses of Disorder Constructing the Fat, Female Body in American Fashion in the Age of Standardization, 1915-1930Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Media Studies, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This dissertation examines how fashion media discourses created the conditions through which the fat, female body was both known and constructed within the context of the early large-size garment industry in the United States, or what between the years 1915 and 1930 was known as “stoutwear.” Drawing on a wide array of media sources, including women’s and fashion magazines, trade journals, catalogs and style guides, and employing Michel Foucault’s archaeological method, the dissertation examines the productive nature of fashion discourse in the construction and constitution of the fleshy body, or how the discourses of stoutwear brought order to the disorderly, fat, female body. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University
Sammanfattning : Abstract Wild fruit trees have significant cultural and socio-economic value in rural areas of Mozambique. Most of the wild fruits are seasonal and are available mainly in the wet season. Generally they have a short shelf-life and are eaten fresh or after minimal processing; the most common method of preservation is sun-drying. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Carlsson bokförlag
Sammanfattning : The thesis investigates war and naval life from a new and different perspective than earlier studies. Naval warfare is studied from the perspective of provisions, diet, and nutrition. LÄS MER