Sökning: "the body"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 4218 avhandlingar innehållade orden the body.
1. The Sensational Body A Spectatorial Exploration of the Experience of Bodies on Stage in Circus, Burlesque and Freak ShowDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Culture and Aesthetics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : At the end of the 20th century, the three genres circus, burlesque, and freak show were revived after a long period of decline. Seemingly something in the genres still has a strong appeal to the spectators. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Tema, Linköpings universitet
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to critically examine traditional psychosomatic theories, paying special attention to certain philosophical issues such as the mind-body problem and efficacious mechanisms of interaction between meaning, understood as psychosocial factors, and that which is traditionally called "body" (the material, objectified body). Afterwards, an alternative psychosomatic theory is worked out, drawing inspiration from the phenomenology of Maurice Merleau-Ponty. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Institutionen för datavetenskap
Sammanfattning : This dissertation clarifies the role and relevance of the body in social interaction and cognition from an embodied cognitive science perspective. Theories of embodied cognition have during the past two decades offered a radical shift in explanations of the human mind, from traditional computationalism which considers cognition in terms of internal symbolic representations and computational processes, to emphasizing the way cognition is shaped by the body and its sensorimotor interaction with the surrounding social and material world. LÄS MER
4. Tomboys, Belles, and Other Ladies : The Female Body-Subject in Selected Works by Katherine Anne Porter and Carson McCullersDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This study investigates how the Southern writers Katherine Anne Porter and Carson McCullers negotiate the process of becoming a woman in their texts and expose and ridicule the artificiality of that category. Focusing on a selection of Porter’s “Miranda stories” (published between 1935 and 1941) and “The Princess” (1993) and McCullers’s The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter (1940), The Member of the Wedding (1946), and The Ballad of the Sad Café (1943), I argue that both writers voice their protest against patriarchal society that forecloses women’s assumption of subjectivity. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Culture and Aesthetics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This book is about the participatory aesthetics of the fantastic. In it, the author argues that the definition of the fantastic presented by Tzvetan Todorov in 1970 can be used, provided it is first adapted to a media-ecological framework, to theorize the role of aesthetic participation in the creation of secondary worlds. LÄS MER