Sökning: "historical demography"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 27 avhandlingar innehållade orden historical demography.
1. Life paths through space and time: Adding the micro-level geographic context to longitudinal historical demographic researchDetta är en avhandling från Lund University, Faculty of Science, Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science
Sammanfattning : Historical demographic research is central to understanding past human behaviours and traits, such as fertility, mortality and migration. An essential part of historical demography is conducting longitudinal analyses at the micro-level, which involves the detailed follow-up of individuals over long time periods throughout their lives. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborgs universitet
Sammanfattning : major scourge in developing countries. In Sweden and the rest of the Western world, however, the disease is almost gone. These circumstances were very much different before the decline of infectious diseases among causes of death in the 19th century. Prior to that, dysentery affected Sweden at times with powerful epidemic outbreaks. LÄS MER
3. Vägen till den moderna familjen : Fruktsamhet i den växande industristaden Borås cirka 1830-1930 The path towards the modern family : Fertility in the expanding industrial town of Borås, circa 1830-1930Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
4. Shared practices social networks and fertility decline during the Swedish demographic transition, 1850-1950Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University, Department of Historical, Philosophical and Religious Studies
Sammanfattning : This thesis studies how social interactions influenced the fertility decline during the Swedish demographic transition between 1850 and 1950. This, to gain insights into how and why norms and values affected married couples' birth control practices, and how this shaped the fertility decline. LÄS MER
5. Den dolda transitionen : om ett demografiskt brytningsskede i det tidiga 1700-talets Sverige The Hidden Transition. A Demographic Long-term Change in Early 18th Century SwedenDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : Historical agricultural and economical research indicates that the extensive changes in society that occurred in Sweden (within agriculture, trade, landownership and production) at the end of Sweden's Time of Greatness in 1720 should have noticeably affected the living conditions of the population. A systematic study that compares the 17th and 18th century's demography has however still not been made. LÄS MER