Sökning: "Great Northern War"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 15 avhandlingar innehållade orden Great Northern War.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Institutionen för kulturantropologi och etnologi
Sammanfattning : This study is about young Sierra Leonean women’s wartime and post-war experiences and the social processes involved in shaping both these experiences and the way they were articulated through war and peace. During the course of the Sierra Leone war (1991–2002), many thousands of girls and women were abducted from their homes by rebels or other fighters. LÄS MER
2. Statsmakt och bondemotstånd : Allmoge och överhet under stora nordiska kriget : the Swedish peasants and the absolute state during the Great Northern WarDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The subject of this study is the reactions of the peasantry to the demands of the Swedish absolute state in the 1710s. The loss of the army at Poltava in 1709 marked the beginning of the terminal phase of the Swedish imperial power. The defeat did not shake king Charles XII in his resolution to pursue the war. LÄS MER
3. The Voice of a Waning Empire : Selected Latin Poetry of Magnus Rönnow from the Great Northern War. Edited, with Introduction, Translation and CommentaryDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The thesis contains selected Latin poetry by the Swedish poet Magnus Rönnow (1665‒1735), composed during the Great Northern War. The Carolean age (1654–1718) was the hey-day of Latin literature, eloquence and poetry in Sweden. Rönnow was one of the last Latin poets in this tradition, and indeed one of the most outstanding. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Neither earlier nor later in Swedish history have such great resources been claimed for the requirements of war as during the great northern war (1700–1721). This dissertation sets out to answer two questions: Which were the ideological addresses used to explain the war politics? How were these addresses related to each other? The source-material used consists of royal ordinances, religious texts and correspondance between the king and various officials. LÄS MER
5. Great Britain, the United States, and the Security of the Middle East: The Formation of the Baghdad PactDetta är en avhandling från Lund University Press
Sammanfattning : Anglo-American post-Second World War relations in the Middle East included cases of close cooperation and conflict. An example of the former was the Pentagon Talks in 1947 when an American statement pointed out the general objective of maintaining the security of the Middle East by retaining the British political, economic, and strategic position in areas supported by the United States. LÄS MER