Sökning: "17th century"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 135 avhandlingar innehållade orden 17th century.
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund : Nordic Academic Press
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this dissertation is to study the waning of premodern ideas about society by investigating the ways in which social status was conceived. Analyses of linguistic expressions and negotiations of status are used to study changes in how different social groups related and acted on one another, what changed, and what remained constant as premodernity gave way to modernity. LÄS MER
2. Taking possession of astronomy Frontispieces and illustrated title pages in 17th-century books on astronomyDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Kungl. Vetenskapsakademien
Sammanfattning : The thesis is a survey of 291 frontispieces and illustrated title pages in European books on astronomy from the 17th century. It is a quantitative and qualitative survey of how motifs are related to consumption, identification and display. LÄS MER
3. Den dolda transitionen : om ett demografiskt brytningsskede i det tidiga 1700-talets Sverige The Hidden Transition. A Demographic Long-term Change in Early 18th Century SwedenDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : Historical agricultural and economical research indicates that the extensive changes in society that occurred in Sweden (within agriculture, trade, landownership and production) at the end of Sweden's Time of Greatness in 1720 should have noticeably affected the living conditions of the population. A systematic study that compares the 17th and 18th century's demography has however still not been made. LÄS MER
4. Tradition and Translation Maciej Stryjkowski's Polish Chronicle in Seventeenth-Century Russian ManuscriptsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The object of this study is a translation from Polish to Russian of the Polish historian Maciej Stryjkowski’s Kronika Polska, Litewska, Żmódzka i wszystkiej Rusi, made at the Diplomatic Chancellery in Moscow in 1673–79. The original of the chronicle, which relates the origin and early history of the Slavs, was published in 1582. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Historiska studier
Sammanfattning : The thesis studies the county governors of northern Sweden during the period 1634–1769, altogether 41 men, and their part in the ongoing state formation process during the early modern period. The office of county governor was established in the constitution of 1634 and played an integral part in the modernisation of the local and regional administration of the Swedish realm. LÄS MER