Sökning: "crop failure"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 avhandlingar innehållade orden crop failure.
1. Den dolda transitionen : om ett demografiskt brytningsskede i det tidiga 1700-talets Sverige The Hidden Transition. A Demographic Long-term Change in Early 18th Century SwedenDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : Historical agricultural and economical research indicates that the extensive changes in society that occurred in Sweden (within agriculture, trade, landownership and production) at the end of Sweden's Time of Greatness in 1720 should have noticeably affected the living conditions of the population. A systematic study that compares the 17th and 18th century's demography has however still not been made. LÄS MER
2. Anaerobic digestion of crop and waste biomass: Impact of feedstock characteristics on process performanceDetta är en avhandling från Lund University (Media-Tryck)
Sammanfattning : Anaerobic digestion provides an array of positive environmental benefits such as reducing greenhouse gas emissions, replacing mineral fertilizers, producing renewable energy and treating waste. However, pitfalls in anaerobic digestion such as poor methane yields, process instability, process failure and regional shortages of feedstock have limited the full exploitation of the anaerobic digestion process. LÄS MER
3. From fields to landscapes : effects of agricultural land use and landscape heterogeneity on farmland birdsDetta är en avhandling från ; Department of Ecology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Sammanfattning : Farmland biodiversity has declined because of agricultural intensification. Agri-environment schemes (AESs) seem to have limited effect in stopping and reversing declines. LÄS MER
4. On-farm agrohydrological analysis of the Sahelian yield crisis : rainfall partitioning, soil nutrients and water use efficiency of pearl milletDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholms universitet
Sammanfattning : Sub-Saharan Africa is presently experiencing a steadily aggravated food security crisis. This crisis is a result of a rapidly growing population combined with insignificant yield increases of the major cereal crops maize, millet and sorghum, during the last decades. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från ; Department of Forest Ecology and Management, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Sammanfattning : Geranium bohemicum and G. lanuginosum are the only plant species in Sweden considered fire-dependent, because of their heat-triggered germination. Both are today threatened due to effective fire suppression. An aim with this study was to elucidate their population ecology. LÄS MER