Sökning: "antiviral drugs"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 59 avhandlingar innehållade orden antiviral drugs.
1. Structure-aided design of antiviral drugs : Application of the method on HIV-1 protease and SIV reverse transcriptase
Sammanfattning : Many efforts have been made to control the AIDS epidemic. Extensive studies have been done on the biology, biochemistry, and structural biology of HIV in the search for antiviral drugs. The viral-encoded enzymes reverse transcriptase and protease have been main targets for drug design. LÄS MER
2. Human adenoviruses : new bioassays for antiviral screening and CD46 interaction
Sammanfattning : Adenoviruses are common pathogens all over the world. The majority of the population has at some point been infected with an adenovirus. Although severe disease can occur in otherwise healthy individuals an adenovirus infection is most commonly self limited in these cases. LÄS MER
3. The discovery of antiviral compounds targeting adenovirus and herpes simplex virus : assessment of synthetic compounds and natural products
Sammanfattning : There is a need for new antiviral drugs. Especially for the treatment of adenovirus infections, since no approved anti-adenoviral drugs are available. Adenovirus infections in healthy persons are most often associated with respiratory disease, diarrhea and infections of the eye. These infections can be severe, but are most often self-limiting. LÄS MER
4. Identification and evaluation of antiviral compounds targeting Rift Valley fever virus
Sammanfattning : Rift Valley fever virus (RVFV), a negative-stranded RNA virus, is the etiological agent of the vector-borne zoonotic disease Rift Valley fever (RVF). RVFV causes significant morbidity and mortality in humans and livestock throughout Africa and the Arabian Peninsula. LÄS MER
5. Viperin vs. tick-borne encephalitis virus : mechanism of a potent antiviral protein
Sammanfattning : Tick-borne encephalitis virus (TBEV) is a very important virus medically, causing mild or severe encephalitis often with long-lasting sequelae. Treatment of tick-borne encephalitis is limited to supportive care, and antiviral drugs are much needed.The type-I interferon (IFN) system is the first line of host defense against many viruses. LÄS MER