Sökning: "drug discovery"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 224 avhandlingar innehållade orden drug discovery.
1. Studies of Retroviral Reverse Transcriptase and Flaviviral Protease Enzymes as Antiviral Drug Targets : Applications in Antiviral Drug Discovery & Therapy
Sammanfattning : Viruses are a major threat to humans due to their unique adaptability, evolvability and capability to control their hosts as parasites and genetic elements. HIV/AIDS is the third largest cause of death by infectious diseases in the world, and drug resistance due to the viral mutations is still the leading cause of treatment failure. LÄS MER
2. Drug discovery against leishmaniasis : Bio- and chemoinformatic guided strategies for target evaluation and hit identification
Sammanfattning : Leishmaniasis is a neglected tropical disease mainly affecting poor people in developing countries. It is caused by infections of flagellated protozoa belonging to genus Leishmania. The few available drugs are associated with problems such as low effectiveness, severe side effects and resistance development. LÄS MER
3. Interaction Studies of Secreted Aspartic Proteases (Saps) from Candida albicans : Application for Drug Discovery
Sammanfattning : This thesis is focused on enzymatic studies of the secreted aspartic proteases (Saps) from Candida albicans as a tool for discovery of anti-candida drugs. C. albicans causes infections in a number of different locations, which differ widely in the protein substrates available and pH. Since C. LÄS MER
4. Computational Modelling in Drug Discovery : Application of Structure-Based Drug Design, Conformal Prediction and Evaluation of Virtual Screening
Sammanfattning : Structure-based drug design and virtual screening are areas of computational medicinal chemistry that use 3D models of target proteins. It is important to develop better methods in this field with the aim of increasing the speed and quality of early stage drug discovery. LÄS MER
5. Characterization of parameters influencing intracellular bioavailability and prediction of intracellular drug exposure
Sammanfattning : This thesis work investigates factors influencing intracellular drug disposition. An experimental method for measurement of intracellular bioavailability (Fic), was used throughout. Fic is defined as the ratio between the unbound drug concentration inside the cell and the compound concentration in the cell exterior. LÄS MER