Sökning: "Hereditary cancer"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 75 avhandlingar innehållade orden Hereditary cancer.
- Detta är en avhandling från Niklas Loman, Dept of Oncology, Lund University Hospital SE-211 85 Lund, Sweden
Sammanfattning : A positive family history of breast cancer (BC) is one of the strongest predictors of the disease. Two major BC susceptibility genes, BRCA1 and BRCA2 were identified about a decade ago. In this thesis, studies of different biological. clinical and epidemiological aspects of hereditary BC are presented. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Maria Planck, Department of Oncology, Lund University Hospital, SE-221 85 Lund, Sweden
Sammanfattning : This thesis focuses on one of the most common types of hereditary cancer, hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer (HNPCC). This syndrome is characterized by an autosomal dominant inheritance, an increased risk for several types of cancer (especially cancer of the colorectum, small bowel, endometrium, ovary and urinary tract), early age at diagnosis, and frequent development of multiple primary malignancies. LÄS MER
3. Genomic Profiling, Mutations and Deranged Signaling in Esophageal Cancer and Hereditary Colorectal CancerDetta är en avhandling från Lund University: Faculty of Medicine
Sammanfattning : Esophageal cancer and colorectal cancer represents two major types of gastrointestinal tumors. Though refined surgery and introduction of novel chemotherapeutics have improved outcome, more than 2500 Swedes die from these diseases every year. Novel markers for early diagnosis, prognosis and treatment prediction are therefore needed. LÄS MER
4. Tumors associated with Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer: Defective Mismatch Repair and Familial Risk of CancerDetta är en avhandling från Department of Oncology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Inactivation of the DNA mismatch repair (MMR) system is a tumorigenic mechanism involved in 15-20% of tumor types such as colorectal and endometrial cancer and is specifically associated with the Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer (HNPCC) syndrome. These MMR defective tumors are characterized by microsatellite instability (MSI), a phenomenon that reflects alterations in length of repeated sequences, and 90% of MSI tumors show loss of immunohistochemical expression for the MMR protein affected. LÄS MER
5. Mismatch Repair Deficient Cancer Diagnostic Aspects in Colorectal Cancer and the Role of Urological Cancer in Lynch SyndromeDetta är en avhandling från Department of Oncology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Mismatch repair (MMR) deficiency is carcinogenic and can either have somatic/sporadic causes (i.e. epigenetic silencing or somatic inactivation) or hereditary causes (Lynch syndrome due to a germline mutation in one of the MMR genes ¬- MLH1, MSH2, MSH6, PMS2). LÄS MER