Sökning: "subject-specific language"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 10 avhandlingar innehållade orden subject-specific language.
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : In this work, I present a linguistic investigation of the language of Swedish textbooks in the natural sciences, i.e., biology, physics and chemistry. The textbooks, which are used in secondary and upper secondary school, are examined with respect to traditional readability measures, e. LÄS MER
2. Bilingual subject-specific literacies? Teachers’ and learners’ views and experiences of two school languages in biology, civics, history and mathematics Case studies from the Swedish upper secondary schoolDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This licentiate thesis investigates teachers’ and students’ cognitions of bilingual subject-specific literacies. The thesis builds on three different studies, referred to as case studies, conducted in Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) study programmes in the Swedish upper secondary school. LÄS MER
3. Klassrummets semiotiska resurser en språkdidaktisk studie av skolämnena hem- och konsumentkunskap, biologi och kemiDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : This thesis focuses on how different semiotic resources, such as spoken and written texts, artefacts and activities interact with classroom design and classroom communication in three school subjects in Swedish secondary school: Home and Consumer Studies, Biology and Chemistry. The research process has been concerned with the affordances that are created through different semiotic resources in classroom design and in classroom communication in the three school subjects, focusing on academic language and student participation. LÄS MER
4. English-medium instruction for young learners in Sweden A longitudinal case study of a primary school class in a bilingual English-Swedish schoolDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Language Education, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to highlight the policies, perspectives, and practices of language use in a bilingual English-Swedish primary class during Grades 4–6, where English was the medium of instruction in several subjects. A rapidly increasing number of Swedish compulsory schools offer these programs, which are often associated with high status and academic achievement (Skolverket, 2010). LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of English, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Due to the internationalisation of higher education, the use of English at higher education institutions has become widespread. Today an increasing number of students participate in courses with the local language as medium of instruction but with textbooks in English. LÄS MER