Sökning: "academic language"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 100 avhandlingar innehållade orden academic language.
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : In this work, I present a linguistic investigation of the language of Swedish textbooks in the natural sciences, i.e., biology, physics and chemistry. The textbooks, which are used in secondary and upper secondary school, are examined with respect to traditional readability measures, e. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Language Education, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This thesis presents English-medium instruction (EMI) in the Swedish context, focusing on perspectives and practices in two schools. The research question is as follows: How and why is EMI offered, chosen, and practiced in the Swedish upper secondary school today? The aim is to explore the status of the educational option, the reasons for offering EMI to stakeholders, the stakeholders’ beliefs about and goals of EMI, and the implementation of EMI in the classroom. LÄS MER
3. Language problems at 2½ years of age and their relationship with school-age language impairment and neuropsychiatric disordersDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Language Education, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Background: International research has shown that language delay (LD) is associated with social, cognitive, emotional and/or behavioural deficiencies, but there is still a need for extended knowledge about LD at early age and its relationship with long-term language impairment and neuropsychiatric disorders in Swedish children. Aims: To study (a) if children with a positive screening result or a negative screening result at 2½ years of age showed persistent or transient language difficulties at 6 years of age and, (b) whether or not children identified by language screening at 2½ years of age were diagnosed with language, neurodevelopmental and/or neuropsychiatric impairments at school age. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköpings universitet
Sammanfattning : In Ecuador, there is an ongoing ethnic revitalization among indigenous peoples. Yet, in San Antonio, a 'zona roja' in the Andes, the comuneros do not speak Quichua to their children, even though the Quichua language is seen as an extremely important aspect of Indian identity. LÄS MER
5. English-medium instruction for young learners in Sweden A longitudinal case study of a primary school class in a bilingual English-Swedish schoolDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Language Education, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to highlight the policies, perspectives, and practices of language use in a bilingual English-Swedish primary class during Grades 4–6, where English was the medium of instruction in several subjects. A rapidly increasing number of Swedish compulsory schools offer these programs, which are often associated with high status and academic achievement (Skolverket, 2010). LÄS MER