Sökning: "History of mathematics"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 55 avhandlingar innehållade orden History of mathematics.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Department of Mathematics, Uppsala University
Sammanfattning : This dissertation deals with aspects of axiomatization, intuition and visualization in the history of mathematics. Particular focus is put on the end of the 19th century, before David Hilbert's (1862–1943) work on the axiomatization of Euclidean geometry. The thesis consists of three papers. LÄS MER
2. Speaking of Geometry A study of geometry textbooks and literature on geometry instruction for elementary and lower secondary levels in Sweden, 1905-1962, with a special focus on professional debatesDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Matematiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This dissertation deals with geometry instruction in Sweden in the period 1905-1962. The purpose is to investigate textbooks and other literature used by teachers in elementary schools (ES) and lower secondary schools (LSS) – Folkskolan and Realskolan – connection to geometry instruction. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Bokförlaget Nya Doxa
Sammanfattning : The Swedish natural philosopher Emanuel Swedenborg (1688–1772) thought in his early scientific career that the world was like a gigantic machine, following the laws of mechanics and geometry. The work presented here is a study of his mechanistic worldview and metaphorical way of thinking up to the year 1734, examining most of his fields of interest, from geometry and metaphysics to technology and mining engineering. LÄS MER
4. Att inteckna framtiden Läroplansdebatter gällande naturvetenskap, matematik och teknik i svenska allmänna läroverk 1900-1965Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This dissertation deals with curriculum debates concerning science, mathematics and technology within the Swedish secondary schools between 1900 and 1965. The aim of the study is to analyze different conceptions of these school subjects. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Chalmers University of Technology and University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : This thesis is a compilation of four papers in which mathematical reasoning is examined in various contexts, in which mathematics is an integral part. It is known from previous studies that a focus on rote learning and procedural mathematical reasoning hamper students’ learning of mathematics. LÄS MER