Sökning: "Environmental science"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1915 avhandlingar innehållade orden Environmental science.
1. Environmental research collaboration : Cross-sector knowledge production in environmental scienceDetta är en avhandling från Växjö : Linnaeus University Press
Sammanfattning : Increased interaction between science and society is recognised as one of the characteristics of contemporary science. Solving the complex environmental problems of our day also necessitate such interactions. LÄS MER
2. Felling Forests from Afar: Quantifying Deforestation Driven by Agricultural Expansion and International TradeDetta är en avhandling från Växjö : Linnaeus University Press
Sammanfattning : Deforestation is a major source of human-caused greenhouse gas emissions and the largest threat to terrestrial biodiversity. Most forest loss is due to the expansion of agricultural land use increasingly driven by international demand for food, fuel and fibre. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Media-Tryck, Lund University, Sweden
Sammanfattning : The rise of climate change as an issue of global concern has rested on scientific representation and understanding of the causes and impacts of, and responses to climatic change. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), in particular, has been central to how climate change has become known as a global political problem. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från ; Department of Microbiology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Sammanfattning : Pesticides and their residues frequently contaminate surface waters and groundwater so consequently there is a great need to identify methods and practices that reduce such contamination. This thesis examined the potential of a 'bioprophylactic' concept based on the hypothesis that diffuse contamination after application in the field can be significantly reduced if pesticides are degraded as rapidly as possible after the intended effect has been achieved. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : Concerns related to global environmental changes due to land use changes have been driving international communities towards more sustainable land use systems. Brazil is a country of global strategic importance in this matter considering that it is the nation with the largest extension of preserved tropical native vegetation, recognised for its ecosystem services and high and unique biodiversity. LÄS MER