Sökning: "Church History"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 277 avhandlingar innehållade orden Church History.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The Chronica regni Gothorum is the first Latin national history of Sweden. Completed after 1471 by a canon of Uppsala, Ericus Olai, it testifies to the articulation at the Swedish arch see of the dominant political issues of the day: the status of the Swedish realm in the union with Denmark-Norway, and the relations between the king, aristocracy and ecclesiastical leadership. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Vadstena abbey was one of the most powerful religious institutions of Sweden in the Middle Ages. This thesis analyses two specific aspects of this position: the position of Vadstena abbey as an agent in the political space of the late Middle Ages, and the political ideals propagated by that institution. LÄS MER
3. Railroading and Labor Migration Class and Ethnicity in Expanding Capitalism in Northern Minnesote, the 1880s to the mid 1920sDetta är en avhandling från Växjö : Växjö University Press
Sammanfattning : In the 1880s, capitalism as a social and economic system integrated new geographic areas of the American continent. The construction of the Duluth & Iron Range Railroad (D&IR), financed by a group of Philadelphia investors led by Charlemagne Tower and later owned by the US Steel was part of this emerging political economy based on the exploitation of human and material resources. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Makadam förlag och bokproduktion AB
Sammanfattning : This thesis addresses the issue of how the Swedish governmental authorities – the secular (the State) and the ecclesiastical (the Swedish church) – aimed at treating the population during the early modern era. The question asked is whether the authorities always strived to foster the people, or whether there were areas where care for individuals was more important. LÄS MER
5. En framgångsrik främling Filadelfiaförsamlingen i Stockholm - självbild i historieskrivning och verksamhet 1910-1980Detta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitet
Sammanfattning : The aim of the thesis is to examine how a group’s self-image is created, sustained and if necessary changed during the revolutionary 20th century. The study takes its point of eparture in the idea that a self-image is essential for an organisation’s cohesion and collective identity. LÄS MER