Sökning: "Vadstena abbey"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 avhandlingar innehållade orden Vadstena abbey.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this dissertation is to reconstruct and understand the essential meaning of the teaching and upbringing, which women received at the birgittine mother Abbey in Vadstena during the Middle Ages, from the starting point of source material, contemporary literature and modem research. The method of this reconstructional work can be characterized as hermeneutical existential, which in this case means that the interpretation work is focused on understanding the life conditions and existential situation of the women in the convent and the texts and other cultural artefacts which were produced by themselves or had some connection with their situation. LÄS MER
2. Responsiones Vadstenenses Perspectives on the Birgittine Rule in Two Texts from Vadstena and Syon Abbey. A Critical Edition with Translation and IntroductionDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Acta Universitatis Stockholmiensis
Sammanfattning : Syon Abbey, established as the first Birgittine monastery in England in 1415, quite soon became a powerful institution within the order. Although often asserting their own conceptions of the Rule, the English Birgittines still sought the advice of Vadstena, their mother house, when it came to certain important matters concerning monastic life. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Almqvist & Wiksell International
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Vadstena abbey was one of the most powerful religious institutions of Sweden in the Middle Ages. This thesis analyses two specific aspects of this position: the position of Vadstena abbey as an agent in the political space of the late Middle Ages, and the political ideals propagated by that institution. LÄS MER
5. Heymericus de Campo: Dyalogus super Reuelacionibus beate Birgitte A Critical Edition with an IntroductionDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This dissertation contains an edition of Dyalogus super Reuelacionibus beate Birgitte, which is a discussion and defence of the Revelations (Reuelaciones) of St. Birgitta of Sweden (ca. 1303-1373). In legal proceedings at the Council of Basle (1431-1449), the Reuelaciones were accused of heresy, examined and defended. LÄS MER