Sökning: "Christopher Stroud"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 9 avhandlingar innehållade orden Christopher Stroud.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This thesis is about the language and sociolinguistic practices of a small group of people living in a village called Gapun in the Papua New Guinean swamps. Gapun has traditionally been a highly multilingual society, but today two languages dominate the villagers’ verbal repertoire, the lingua franca Tok Pisin and the local vernacular Taiap. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Institutionen för språkdidaktik, Stockholms universitet
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to contribute to the growing body of knowledge concerning the adult basic literacy education in the Nordic countries and broaden research on literacy from its traditional focus on verbal texts to include images and visual texts. The thesis comprises a research survey concerning adult literacy and two empirical, exploratory studies focusing on the use of visual texts in the basic Swedish language programme for adult immigrants, Svenskundervisning för invandrare (sfi). LÄS MER
3. Manufacturing Multilingualisms of Marginality in Mozambique Exploring the Orders of Visibility of Local African LanguagesDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Swedish and Multilingualism, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Colonial era language policies and practices in Mozambique sought to render native African languages (and their speakers) invisible in public space. This ‘order of (in)visibility’ was later adopted by many African states, including Mozambique, by choosing the ex-colonial language as the one and only official language and prohibiting or ignoring the use of African languages in the interest of so-called national unity. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Swedish and Multilingualism, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The thesis examines local and global functions of code-switching and code-mixing in Chicano theater, i.e. in writing intended for performance. The data of this study consists of three published plays by Chicana playwright Cherríe Moraga. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Swedish Language and Multilingualism, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This compilation thesis engages with practices that in some way place stakes in the social existence of Övdalsk (also älvdalska, Elfdalian, Övdalian), a marginal form of Scandinavian used mainly in Sweden’s Älvdalen municipality. The practices at hand range from early 20th century descriptive dialectology and contemporary lay-linguistics to language advocacy and language political debate. LÄS MER