Sökning: "Education in Languages and Language Development"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 69 avhandlingar innehållade orden Education in Languages and Language Development.
1. Developing multilingual literacies in Sweden and Australia Opportunities and challenges in mother tongue instruction and multilingual study guidance in Sweden and community language education in AustraliaDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Language Education, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to learn about opportunities for and challenges to the development of multilingual literacies in three forms of education in Sweden and Australia that teach or draw on immigrant languages. In Sweden mother tongue instruction and multilingual study guidance are in focus and in Australia, a community language school. LÄS MER
2. Changing conceptions of literacies, language and development Implications for the provision of adult basic education in South AfricaDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Centre for Research on Bilingualism, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This study aims to contribute to the growing body of knowledge on the circumstances under which adult education, in particular adult basic education, can support and occasionally initiate participatory development, social action and the realisation of citizenship rights. It traces developments in adult basic education in South Africa, and more specifically literacy and language learning, over the years 1981 to 2001, with reference to specific multilingual contexts in the Northern and Western Cape. LÄS MER
3. Logics and politics of professionalism the case of university English language teachers in VietnamDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University
Sammanfattning : Set against a changing backdrop of reforms in higher education and English language teaching (ELT), the thesis explores the notion of professionalism for university English teachers in Vietnam: What is defined as professionalism in this particular period of time? How is professionalism constructed in this context?The research approaches professionalism as a critical concept: A list of aspired traits and features are always value-laden and concern the question of power. From this premise, the thesis discusses a “kaleidoscope” relationship between different actors in the making of professionalism. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Language Education, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This thesis presents English-medium instruction (EMI) in the Swedish context, focusing on perspectives and practices in two schools. The research question is as follows: How and why is EMI offered, chosen, and practiced in the Swedish upper secondary school today? The aim is to explore the status of the educational option, the reasons for offering EMI to stakeholders, the stakeholders’ beliefs about and goals of EMI, and the implementation of EMI in the classroom. LÄS MER
5. Enhancing intercultural communication in teaching chinese as a foreign language : An action research studyDetta är en avhandling från Hong Kong : The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Sammanfattning : Over the past few decades, the rapid development of information communication technology, internationalization and globalization worldwide have required a shift in the focus of Chinese as a foreign language (CFL) towards competence in intercultural communication in which the role of culture in the acquisition of CFL and in the pragmatic use of the language is emphasized and promoted. However, most of the current research in this academic area remains only on a theoretical level. LÄS MER