Sökning: "Education in Languages and Language Development"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 69 avhandlingar innehållade orden Education in Languages and Language Development.
1. Developing multilingual literacies in Sweden and Australia Opportunities and challenges in mother tongue instruction and multilingual study guidance in Sweden and community language education in AustraliaDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Language Education, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to learn about opportunities for and challenges to the development of multilingual literacies in three forms of education in Sweden and Australia that teach or draw on immigrant languages. In Sweden mother tongue instruction and multilingual study guidance are in focus and in Australia, a community language school. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Malmö högskola
Sammanfattning : This dissertation explores how the school subject Swedish is constructed for various groups of upper secondary school students and how the meeting between teacher and pupils is embodied in a range of Swedish subjects. The overall aim of the study is to illustrate why the teaching of Swedish in the classes under investigation takes place the way it does, as well as to discuss possible changes on a more principal basis. LÄS MER
3. Changing conceptions of literacies, language and development Implications for the provision of adult basic education in South AfricaDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Centre for Research on Bilingualism, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This study aims to contribute to the growing body of knowledge on the circumstances under which adult education, in particular adult basic education, can support and occasionally initiate participatory development, social action and the realisation of citizenship rights. It traces developments in adult basic education in South Africa, and more specifically literacy and language learning, over the years 1981 to 2001, with reference to specific multilingual contexts in the Northern and Western Cape. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Institutionen för språkdidaktik, Stockholms universitet
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to contribute to the growing body of knowledge concerning the adult basic literacy education in the Nordic countries and broaden research on literacy from its traditional focus on verbal texts to include images and visual texts. The thesis comprises a research survey concerning adult literacy and two empirical, exploratory studies focusing on the use of visual texts in the basic Swedish language programme for adult immigrants, Svenskundervisning för invandrare (sfi). LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Language Education, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This thesis presents English-medium instruction (EMI) in the Swedish context, focusing on perspectives and practices in two schools. The research question is as follows: How and why is EMI offered, chosen, and practiced in the Swedish upper secondary school today? The aim is to explore the status of the educational option, the reasons for offering EMI to stakeholders, the stakeholders’ beliefs about and goals of EMI, and the implementation of EMI in the classroom. LÄS MER