Sökning: "ecosystem services"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 149 avhandlingar innehållade orden ecosystem services.
1. Exploring connections in social-ecological systems The links between biodiversity, ecosystem services, and human well-being in South Africa
Sammanfattning : A key challenge of the Anthropocene is to advance human development without undermining critical ecosystem services. Central to this challenge is a better understanding of the interactions and feedbacks between biodiversity, ecosystem services and human well-being, which interact in dynamic and complex social-ecological systems. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm Resilience Centre, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : In an ever more urban world, the role of green spaces in cities is increasingly highlighted for their capacity to provide ecosystem services for human well-being. Yet, the value of urban green spaces is still widely overlooked in urban policy and planning. LÄS MER
3. Reconnecting with nature through concepts: On the construction of values in the ecosystem services paradigmDetta är en avhandling från Lunds universitet
Sammanfattning : The alarming rates of extinction and degrading ecosystems call for new means of understanding and accounting for how people depend on nature. Ecosystem services (ES) is a contested but widely applied concept aiming to connect ecosystem functions to human wellbeing and to assess and account for how nature matters in decision-making. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lunds universitet
Sammanfattning : This thesis contributes to our understanding of the development and diffusion of vehicle services, and to how information technology interacts with forms of organization and business models to undermine or support the development of vehicle services. The overall research question asked in the thesis is: what are the technical, business and organizational prerequisites for the development and diffusion of a rich variety of vehicle services? The development and diffusion of vehicle services have been empirically investigated by ethnographic field studies, prototype software development and case studies as part of a collaborative practice research approach involving the Volvo Group. LÄS MER
5. Linking functional traits and cultural ecosystem services in urban areas through human preferencesDetta är en avhandling från Lunds universitet
Sammanfattning : Urban areas are now the daily lived experience for the majority of the world’s people, and it is therefore important to explore what kind of ecological communities and corresponding ecosystem functions and services are being generated in these environments. Urban areas are shaped by a variety of factors, but arguably one of the most influential is that of people, in terms of how their preferences and active selective choices for biota play out in the landscape. LÄS MER