Sökning: "ecosystem services"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 185 avhandlingar innehållade orden ecosystem services.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm Resilience Centre, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : In an ever more urban world, the role of green spaces in cities is increasingly highlighted for their capacity to provide ecosystem services for human well-being. Yet, the value of urban green spaces is still widely overlooked in urban policy and planning. LÄS MER
2. Effects of Past and Current Land Use on Biodiversity: from a semi-natural grassland on Öland (Sweden) to a European perspectiveDetta är en avhandling från Tryckeriet i E-huset, Lunds universitet
Sammanfattning : Concerns are increasing about the loss of biodiversity under land use change and how this will affect the ecosystem services provided by natural and semi-natural communities and consequently how this will threaten human well-being. The thesis examines the impact of present and past land use on different aspects of biodiversity; namely species diversity, traits and functional diversity and on ecosystem services. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Tryckeriet i E-huset, Lunds universitet
Sammanfattning : This thesis contributes to our understanding of the development and diffusion of vehicle services, and to how information technology interacts with forms of organization and business models to undermine or support the development of vehicle services. The overall research question asked in the thesis is: what are the technical, business and organizational prerequisites for the development and diffusion of a rich variety of vehicle services? The development and diffusion of vehicle services have been empirically investigated by ethnographic field studies, prototype software development and case studies as part of a collaborative practice research approach involving the Volvo Group. LÄS MER
4. Linking functional traits and cultural ecosystem services in urban areas through human preferencesDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Urban areas are now the daily lived experience for the majority of the world’s people, and it is therefore important to explore what kind of ecological communities and corresponding ecosystem functions and services are being generated in these environments. Urban areas are shaped by a variety of factors, but arguably one of the most influential is that of people, in terms of how their preferences and active selective choices for biota play out in the landscape. LÄS MER
5. The Role of Carbon-Nitrogen Interactions for Terrestrial Ecosystem Dynamics under Global Change - a modelling perspectiveDetta är en avhandling från Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The nature of future climate change will depend on anthropogenic emissions of CO2, as well as climate- and CO2-mediated feedbacks through carbon (C) cycling in both terrestrial ecosystems and oceans. Terrestrial ecosystems remove presently about 25% of the anthropogenic CO2 fossil-fuel and land-use change emissions, but to attribute which mechanisms cause this uptake, and the key regions where it occurs, is a challenging task. LÄS MER