Sökning: "5-HT2A serotonin receptor"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 21 avhandlingar innehållade orden 5-HT2A serotonin receptor.
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : BackgroundSerotonin (5-HT), an amino acid derivative and neurotransmitter, has for long been studied in relation to inflammation. It is an endogenous ligand for several different types of serotonin receptors. The serotonin receptor 5-HT2A has been reported to have a role in the pathophysiology of arthritis in animal experiment models. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Impulses coming from peripheries are modified in the spinal cord and transmitted to the brain. Several neurotransmitters have been involved in the processing of impulses in the spinal dorsal horn. Acetylcholine (ACh) is one of many neurotransmitters involved in the regulation of nociception in the spinal cord. LÄS MER
3. Serotonergic receptor subtypes in learning and memory : Focus on 5-HT1A, 5-HT1B and 5-HT2A receptorsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Neuroscience
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to study how serotonin (5-HT) receptor subtypes can influence hippocampus/amygdala-dependent teaming and memory using the water maze (WM) and the passive avoidance (PA) tasks in rodents, and to provide a cellular correlate to the behavioral results using histochemical methods. Glutamatergic neurons in the trisynaptic circuit of the hippocampus are believed to be important for spatial teaming and memory as well as synaptic plasticity. LÄS MER
4. Ovarian hormones and effects in the brain studies of neurosteroid sensitivity, serotonin transporter and serotonin2A receptor binding in reproductive and postmenopausal womenDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå university
Sammanfattning : Background: Estrogen has been reported to enhance well-being and quality of life during the climacteric phase. In women with an intact uterus estrogen treatment is always combined with progestins in order to protect the endometrium from hyperplasia and malignancies. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå university
Sammanfattning : It is well-established that serotonin is involved in the regulation of mood and behaviour, partly implied by the therapeutic effect of prolonged treatment with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI) on mood and anxiety disorders. However, the mechanisms behind the paradoxical exacerbation of anxiety described during initial treatment, as well as behind the therapeutic effects of prolonged treatment with SSRIs, remain poorly understood. LÄS MER