Sökning: "mathematical development"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 383 avhandlingar innehållade orden mathematical development.
1. Exercising Mathematical Competence: Practising Representation Theory and Representing Mathematical Practice
Sammanfattning : This thesis assembles two papers in mathematics and two papers in mathematics education. In the mathematics part, representation theory is practised. Two Clebsch-Gordan type problems are addressed. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : The purpose of the present thesis was to test and contrast hypotheses about the cognitive conditions that support the development of mathematical learning disability (MLD). Following hypotheses were tested in the thesis: a) domain general deficit, the deficit is primarily located in the domain general systems such as the working memory, b) number sense deficit, the deficit is located in the innate approximate number system (ANS), c) numerosity coding deficit, the deficit is located to a exact number representation system, d) access deficit, the deficit is in the mapping between symbols and the innate number representational system (e. LÄS MER
3. Assessing mathematical creativity comparing national and teacher-made tests, explaining differences and examining impactDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Matematik och matematisk statistik, Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Students’ use of superficial reasoning seems to be a main reason for learning difficulties in mathematics. It is therefore important to investigate the reasons for this use and the components that may affect students’ mathematical reasoning development. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Chalmers University of Technology
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to model and describe dynamical events for biologicalcells using statistical and mathematical tools. The thesis includes five papersthat all relate to stochastic modelling of cells. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Matematiska Institutionen
Sammanfattning : This dissertation deals with the development of mathematical concepts from a historical and didactical perspective. In particular, the development of concepts in mathematical analysis during the 19th century is considered. The thesis consists of a summary and three papers. In the first paper we investigate the Swedish mathematician E. LÄS MER